母親節英語

來源:果殼範文吧 2.16W

Mother's Day History

母親節英語

母親節由來

The history of Mother's Day is centuries old and goes back to the times of ancient Greeks, who held festivities to honor Rhea, the mother of the gods. The early Christians celebrated the Mother's festival on the fourth Sunday of Lent to honor Mary, the mother of Christ. Interestingly, later on a religious order stretched the holiday to include all mothers, and named it as the Mothering Sunday. The English colonists settled in America discontinued the tradition of Mothering Sunday because of lack of time. In 1872 Julia Ward Howe organized a day for mothers dedicated to peace. It is a landmark in the history of Mother's Day.

母親節的歷史可以追溯到幾百年前的古希臘,當時,人們都會舉行慶祝活動紀念Rhea(瑞亞),(古希臘的眾神之母,她是主神宙斯和天后赫拉的母親)。早期的基督徒在大齋節的第四個星期日節日慶祝母親節來紀念榮Mary(基督的母親)。有趣的是,宗教秩序的改革使得這一節日包括了全體的母親,並將這一日命名為“母親節”。後來,在美國定居的英國殖民者由於缺少時間停止了這項傳統。1872年朱麗婭伍德霍夫以致力於和平為母親們設立一個節日。這是母親節在歷史上的里程碑。

In 1907, Anna M. Jarvis (1864-1948), a Philadelphia schoolteacher, began a movement to set up a national Mother's Day in honor of her mother, Ann Maria Reeves Jarvis. She solicited the help of hundreds of legislators and prominent businessmen to create a special day to honor mothers. The first Mother's Day observance was a church service honoring Anna's mother. Anna handed out her mother's favorite flowers, the white incarnations, on the occasion as they represent sweetness, purity, and patience. Anna's hard work finally paid off in the year 1914, when President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed the second Sunday in May as a national holiday in honor of mothers.

1907年,一位費城教師,安娜米賈維斯(1864-1948),開始了一項在全國範圍內紀念母親的的節日,安娜米賈維斯榮譽日。她徵求了數以百計的`立法者和商界翹楚一起來創立一個特殊的日子來紀念母親。第一個母親節慶祝表彰是在一個教堂為安娜母親舉辦的。安娜在儀式上發放了她母親最喜愛的白色花朵,這是甜蜜,純潔,耐心的化身。安娜的努力終於在1914年得到了回報,時任總統伍德羅威爾遜宣佈將五月的第二個星期天作為母親。

Slowly and gradually the Mother's day became very popular and gift giving activity increased. All this commercialization of the Mother's day infuriated Anna as she believed that the day's sentiment was being sacrificed at the expense of greed and profit.

漸漸地,母親節變得非常流行,送禮活動日趨增加。所有這一切商業化的活動激怒了安娜,她認為這一天的情緒都因為貪婪和利益所玷汙了。

Regardless of Jarvis's worries, Mother's Day has flourished in the United States. Actually, the second Sunday of May has become the most popular day of the year. Although Anna may not be with us but the Mother's day lives on and has spread to various countries of the world. Many countries throughout the world celebrateMother's Day at various times during the year, but some such as Denmark, Finland, Italy, Turkey, Australia, and Belgium also celebrate Mother's Day on the second Sunday of May.

儘管Jarvis對此很擔憂,但母親節已盛行於美國。事實上,這一天已成為一年當中年最受歡迎的日子了。雖然安娜現在已不在我們身邊了,但母親節成立了而且已蔓延到世界各國。世界上的許多國家都在一年的不同時期慶祝著母親節,但如丹麥,芬蘭,義大利,土耳其,澳大利亞和比利時等還是在第五月第二個週日慶祝母親節。

母親節英語祝福語

We may not be angels all of the time, but we do appreciate what you do.

我們也許不是一直都像天使那樣乖巧,但我們確實感謝您的教誨。

Thanks for being there, mom. Happy Mother's Day.

謝謝您不斷地扶持我。祝您母親節快樂。

This card comes from the whole family. Happy Mother's Day.

這張卡片是我們全家合送的。祝您母親節快樂。

Today is your day to relax and let us take care of you. Happy Mother's Day.

今天是您休息的日子,讓我們來照顧您。母親節快樂。

We will try to make this your best Mother's Day ever.

我們將努力使今天成為您過得最愉快的母親節。

On this day we honor you, dear mother.

親愛的媽媽,我們向您致敬。

Where would we be without you, mom?

媽媽,沒有您我們將流落何方呢?

On this day we all sit back and think about how much our mothers do for us.

在這一天,我們將會抽空休息一下,想想媽媽們幫我們做了多少事。

I've tried many times to tell you, but I'll say it again: I love you mother.

我已經告訴您許多次了,但是我將再說一次:我愛您,媽媽。

Though it is hard to tell you sometimes, I do love you dearly, mom.

雖然有時要告訴您並不太容易,但是我真的非常愛您,媽媽。

I may not often say it, but I do love you.

我也許並不常掛在嘴上,但我真正愛您。

There are little things that I should have said and done to show my gratitude, but it is appreciated what you do.

儘管我為表示謝意所說的和所做的都那麼少,但同樣也是表達對您所做一切的感激之情。

I don't take the time to tell you this often, but I love you, mom.

雖然我經常沒有時間告訴您,但我真的愛您,媽媽。

Sometimes I cry and make you sigh, but you know that I love you so.

有時候我哭泣而使您嘆息,但您卻知道,我是如此地愛您。

To mother on Mother's Day: Thank you for all of the wonderful things that you h ave done for me.

母親節給媽媽:謝謝您為我做了那麼多奇妙的事。

This card is from all of us. It may not be the greatest, but it's from the heart.

這張卡片是我們合送的。它也許不是最棒的,但卻是出自內心的。

Mother, I just want to let you know that you are always in my thoughts.

媽媽,我只是想讓您知道,您一直都在我的心中。

熱門標籤